The Speak to Your Health!(STYH) Community Surveys are designed by local organizations and university partners to identify, monitor, and understand community health and concerns. The goals of STYH are to:
- understand residents’ health-related behaviors and perceptions;
- provide information for needs assessments and evaluations of projects;
- identify community assets;
- understand the associations between residents’ health-related behaviors and perceptions, social determinants, and health outcomes;
- provide training opportunities; and
- develop a community health agenda that is widely disseminated and democratic.
The Speak To Your Health! survey model is a community-based participatory approach and was developed by the Genesee County Community Board of the Prevention Research Center of Michigan at the University of Michigan School of Public Health.