Speak To Your Health! Community Surveys are designed by local organization and university partners to identify, monitor, and understand community health and concerns. The goals of the Speak To Your Health! Surveys are to:
- understand residents’ health-related behaviors and perceptions;
- provide information for needs assessments and evaluations of projects;
- identify community assets;
- understand the associations between residents’ health-related behaviors and perceptions, social determinants, and health outcomes;
- provide training opportunities; and
- develop a community health agenda that is widely disseminated and democratic.
The Speak To Your Health! survey model is a community-based participatory approach and was developed by the Genesee County Community Board of the Prevention Research Center of Michigan at the University of Michigan School of Public Health.